Running Wholesale & Retail in one DC
Our client was a distributor of premium life style products in various categories, and have a distinct image in the market with its brands. Our client’s brand names constitute one of the world’s most widely recognized families of consumer brands.
- Our client was shipping retail and wholesale from the same facility
- Each business had varying rules that were difficult to meet with the current configuration
DISTRIBUTING WHOLESALE AND RETAIL FROM THE SAME DISTRIBUTION CENTER
Our client had been shipping to their wholesale customers as well as their self-owned retail outlet stores from the same DC. While their WMS supported this type of environment, the company soon realized that some of the major components of their warehouse configuration needed to vary across the business units. Several options existed that would allow them to distribute their product, but this was a strategic decision that they needed to get right the first time. They could have had the software vendor guide them through the change. Instead, the chose Initechs to provide them with expertise.
INITECHS EXPERIENCE CAN HELP YOU MAKE THE RIGHT DECISION THE FIRST TIME
Initechs has decades of experience designing, developing, testing, and implementing WMS systems. Initechs helps its clients develop and execute comprehensive plans to address their needs. Please contact us today to discuss your needs with an Initechs representative.
- Initechs provided expertise on creating a new systemic warehouse
- Upgraded the conveyor control system to faster, more reliable technology
- Successfully upgraded the WMS software to the latest version